[Fedora-livecd-list] Securing isolinux.cfg

James Lapthorn jlapthor at redhat.com
Fri Aug 30 09:49:15 UTC 2013

Good Morning,

I'm creating a livecd that will be used to securely send an encrypted
file over FTP and then poweroff.  I have successfully built a minimal
installation using the provided kickstart and have secured the OS.

I now need to secure booting the livecd, by default the menu allows me
to edit the boot options and add things like 'init=/bin/bash' to gain
root access.

The issue I have is the isolinux.cfg generated by
'/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/imgcreate/live.py'  only allows me to
modify the timeout by passing 'bootloader --timeout=1' in the kickstart
file.

Ideally I don't want a menu displayed and the default option to always boot.

I have hacked the live.py to include 'allowoptions 0' which prevents any
modifications but this is far from a good solution, is there a better
way of configuring isolinux.cfg

Many Thanks

James Lapthorn