[Fedora-livecd-list] (no subject)

Cristian Ciupitu cristian.ciupitu at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 23 18:46:34 UTC 2013

> From: Debanjan Dutta <debduut at gmail.com>
> Subject: [Fedora-livecd-list] (no subject)
> To: livecd at lists.fedoraproject.org
> Date: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 7:12 PM
> I am using Fedora-18x86_64 downloaded from fedoraproject.org, I am
> running in live cd(Try fedora mode) , When i am open the terminal and
> use vi editor everything happens in order but, i cannot compile the
> saved file using "gcc filename.c",Should i use any other compiler
> statement?

What is the error that you're getting?

I'm not sure if gcc is included on the live CD, so you might need to
install it, for example by running the following commands:

    su -     # password is empty, so just press Enter
    yum install gcc

Being a live CD, you'll have to do this every time you boot, unless you
add some persistent storage [1].

Cheers,
Cristian

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/LiveOS_image#Persistent_storage