[Fedora-livecd-list] some questions on making a LiveCD

Ranjan Maitra maitra.mbox.ignored at inbox.com
Sat Jun 1 06:08:50 UTC 2013

Hi,

I am trying to put together a LiveCD using the SLiM login manager on
Fedora 18. I have two questions:

1. How do I get slim to start up in the LiveCD boot. I have been
using the fedora-livecd-lxde.ks as a template. Before Fedora 17, I used
to put the following in my kickstart file:

# create /etc/sysconfig/desktop (needed for installation)
cat > /etc/sysconfig/desktop <<EOF
PREFERRED=/usr/bin/pekwm
DISPLAYMANAGER=/usr/sbin/slim-dynwm
EOF

I noticed that slim has moved from sbin/ to bin/ so I made the change,
but I can not get this to start up when booting from a LiveCD. How do I
get this to start up? I tried including systemctl enable slim but I
still can not get it to display the Login Manager. (I do get the text
prompt.) How do I fix this?

2. I have a few rpms of my own i would like to include in the
LiveCD. How can this be done? Are there examples somewhere that I could
look at?

Many thanks,
Ranjan

--
Important Notice: This mailbox is ignored: e-mails are set to be
deleted on receipt. For those needing to send personal or professional