[Fedora-livecd-list] understanding about function "create_image_minimizer"

Gareth academicgareth at gmail.com
Thu May 2 14:00:20 UTC 2013

Hi, all
I'm confused about the progress of this function. Actually in its steps:

      1) Create a sparse COW
      2) Loopback mount the image and the COW
      3) Create a device-mapper snapshot of the image
         using the COW
      4) Resize the filesystem to the minimal size
      5) Determine the amount of space used in the COW
      6) Restroy the device-mapper snapshot
      7) Truncate the COW, removing unused space
      8) Create a squashfs of the COW

why not resize2fs -M osmin.img directly?

In document http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/LiveOS_image,
it said"osmin.img is a minimized OS image which is used to aid traditional
installation from a LiveOS image source to a hard disk.", but how does this
lvm snapshot help with installation to disk?

Is "os.fturncate this file(snapshot file *osmin*)" dangerously?

Thanks
--
Gareth

*Cloud Computing, OpenStack, Fitness, Basketball*
*OpenStack contributor*
*Company: UnitedStack <http://www.ustack.com>*
*My promise: if you find any spelling or grammar mistakes in my email from
Mar 1 2013, notify me *
*and I'll donate $1 or ¥1 to an open organization you specify.  *