[Fedora-livecd-list] MBR in livecd

Gareth academicgareth at gmail.com
Sat May 18 04:07:36 UTC 2013

I need reset raid card before installing a system, and all of progress need
be automatic.

So I need a pxe environment to boot a livecd. In that, auto-script will
reset raid card with different tools installed in livecd.

Further more, a node could response pxe server to change its own grub to
install system on own drive. It's ok, but I want to make this progress more
simple. I think what I want is just a drive, like /dev/sda. All of data in
this drive is in kind of data in livecd, except MBR.

I rsync the file system with its data and fail after reboot. So I'm trying
get to know how to set MBR.

On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 11:42 PM, Jiang Jim <jiangwt100 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think he means to using anacoda-based installer to install centos system
> in a livecd.
> I am also confused about how to use anacoda to install a system to
> hard-disk in a livecd when i do not have a graph user interface.
>

> 2013/5/17 Scott Dowdle <dowdle at montanalinux.org>
>
>> Greetings,

Gareth

*Cloud Computing, OpenStack, Fitness, Basketball*
*OpenStack contributor*
*Company: UnitedStack <http://www.ustack.com>*
*My promise: if you find any spelling or grammar mistakes in my email from
Mar 1 2013, notify me *
*and I'll donate $1 or ¥1 to an open organization you specify.*