[Fedora-livecd-list] Are these error messages serious?

Ranjan Maitra maitra.mbox.ignored at inbox.com
Mon Jan 20 15:26:48 UTC 2014

Thanks very much! Is there a place I can post my .ks files so that
someone can take a look and pin-point the errors? Or can I include as
an attachment here (many mailing lists do not allow for attachments to
be included)?

Many thanks,
Ranjan

On Mon, 20 Jan 2014 07:01:36 -0800 "Brian C. Lane" <bcl at redhat.com>
wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 17, 2014 at 05:06:01PM -0600, Ranjan Maitra wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I created a livecd disk using a kickstart file which I modified from
> > the LXDE spin and got these error messages (at different points of the
> > ISO creation):
> >
> > I wonder if any of these messages are serious. In any case, is there an
> > easy way to get rid of them?
>
> Most of them are normal, there isn't any easy way to get rid of them
> without also masking real errors. The unmount error is the one that may
> cause problems. Sometimes it happens, some people seem to see it more
> than others (eg. I don't see it myself). My suspicion is that some
> desktop related thing is grabbing the mount when it shows up but I
> haven't been able to confirm that.
>

> > Many thanks,
> > Ranjan

> > No '/dev/log' or 'logger' included for syslog logging (3 times)
>
> Those come from dracut while making the initrd.

> > Opening default zone 'public'
> > No changes to default zone needed.
> > Note: Forwarding request to 'systemctl enable NetworkManager.service'.
> > Note: Forwarding request to 'systemctl disable sshd.service'.
> > rm '/etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/sshd.service'
>
> These are firewall and service setup related.
>

> > mkfs.fat 3.0.24 (2013-11-23)
> > Loop device does not match a floppy size, using default hd params
> > Initialized /dev/loop1 as a 20 MB HFS Plus volume
>
> That is from mkefiboot, it decides on the options to use based on the
> filesystem size.
>
> > ERROR:program:umount: /tmp/lorax.imgutils.OtNm0z: target is busy
> > umount: /tmp/lorax.imgutils.OtNm0z: target is busy
> > ERROR:program:        (In some cases useful info about processes that
> >         (In some cases useful info about processes that
> > ERROR:program:         use the device is found by lsof(8) or fuser(1).)
> >          use the device is found by lsof(8) or fuser(1).)
> > WARNING:pylorax.imgutils:failed to unmount /tmp/lorax.imgutils.OtNm0z.
> > retrying (1/3)... ERROR:program:umount: /tmp/lorax.imgutils.LTGEmM:
> > target is busy umount: /tmp/lorax.imgutils.LTGEmM: target is busy
> > ERROR:program:        (In some cases useful info about processes that
> >         (In some cases useful info about processes that
> > ERROR:program:         use the device is found by lsof(8) or fuser(1).)
> >          use the device is found by lsof(8) or fuser(1).)
> > WARNING:pylorax.imgutils:failed to unmount /tmp/lorax.imgutils.LTGEmM.
> > retrying (1/3)... The unit files have no [Install] section. They are
> > not meant to be enabled using systemctl.
> > Possible reasons for having this kind of units are:
> > 1) A unit may be statically enabled by being symlinked from another
> > unit's .wants/ or .requires/ directory.
> > 2) A unit's purpose may be to act as a helper for some other unit which
> > has a requirement dependency on it.
> > 3) A unit may be started when needed via activation (socket, path,
> > timer, D-Bus, udev, scripted systemctl call, ...).

> [...]
For those needing to send personal or professional e-mail, please use
appropriate addresses.