[Fedora-livecd-list] Finally got persistence to work and lots of it too

ToddAndMargo ToddAndMargo at zoho.com
Sat Jul 12 06:11:18 UTC 2014

Hi All,

I finally got persistence to work and got lots of it too.
Even got LibreOffice installed on it!

This is what I did:

1) wiped the stick with
       dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sdc

I checked with Kanguru tech support and I indeed did
flip off all my charges.

2) used gparted to create an msdos disk with a single
bootable primary ext4 partition.

3) cut the flash drive with liveusb-creator-3.12.0-1.el6.noarch.
Ran the slide bar over for maximum persistence (~12 GB on my
16 GB stick).

As of 3.11, ext4 is now supported.  Yipee!  See
     https://fedorahosted.org/liveusb-creator/wiki/News

Now if I can only get the stinker to work in every motherboard
I stick it into.  Made a separate post on that one.

Appreciation to everyone that helped me on this!

-T