[Fedora-livecd-list] Any rumors on larger persistence?

Brian C. Lane bcl at redhat.com
Mon Jun 2 15:15:04 UTC 2014

On Sat, May 31, 2014 at 09:40:08PM -0700, ToddAndMargo wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Anyone know any rumors as to if we are going to
> be able to have more than 4 GB of persistence
> in the future?   Ext2/3/4 perhaps?
>
> It is really difficult to discipline myself to
> keep it under 4 GB.

I'll accept patches since it is a feature that already existed, but I
have to say that this is a *really* bad idea. You're going to lose data.
You are better off partitioning the device and mounting it as /home/ or
whatever. I actually tried using this last week for a temporary install
while waiting for a new harddrive. System didn't like to wake from sleep
properly so I had to pull the plug, and guess what? Corruption - I had
to recreate the USB stick.