[Fedora-livecd-list] Can not get persistence

ToddAndMargo ToddAndMargo at zoho.com
Sat May 17 22:16:27 UTC 2014

On 05/17/2014 02:25 PM, Urs Beyerle wrote:
> On 05/17/2014 07:48 PM, ToddAndMargo wrote:

>>> Could you please provide a little bit more info on "FedoraLiveUSB
>>> Creator"? Which ""FedoraLiveUSB Creator" version? Which OS?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>>      Urs

>>> --
>>
>> Hi Urs,
>>
>> From the original post:
>>     Xfce 4.8
>>     Scientific Linux 6.4, 64 bit
>>     livecd-tools-13.4.5-1.el6.x86_64
>>
>> From the last post:
>>     liveusb-creator-3.12.0-1.el6.noarch
>>
>> Here is liveusb-creator's project page:
>>      https://fedorahosted.org/liveusb-creator/
>>
>> Here is where I got it from:
>>      yum --disablerepo=* --enablerepo=epel* whatprovides liveusb-creator
>>      liveusb-creator-3.12.0-1.el6.noarch : A liveusb creator
>>      Repo: epel
>>
>> Let me know if you need any additional information.
>>
>> Many thanks,
>> -T
>>

> Just to be sure that I get it right that time:
> Creating an USB flash drive with persistence works with
> liveusb-creator-3.12.0, but does not work with livecd-tools-13.4.5. Is
> this corrected?

Hi Urs,

Yes

> I was confused that you called liveusb-creator-3.12.0 a "workaround".

My bad.  I meant I had found a way to create the Live USB stick
with persistence.

> would take liveusb-creator first to create a live USB flash drive,

I was following copy and paste command line instruction
that I wrote.  Included the formatting and all, so while
I was at the command prompt, I might as well run
livecd-tools too.

I also was under the mistaken impression that the GUI
ran the same command line tools for you, so I never
retested the GUI

> Have you tried livecd-tools-13.4.6?
> rpm -ihv
> http://www.livecd.ethz.ch/download/RPMS/6x/x86_64/python-imgcreate-13.4.6-15.sl6.x86_64.rpm
>
> rpm -ihv
> http://www.livecd.ethz.ch/download/RPMS/6x/x86_64/livecd-tools-13.4.6-15.sl6.x86_64.rpm

Not yet, but I will probably this week end.

Any reason why 13.4.6 is not loaded in EPEL's repo?