[Fedora-livecd-list] CentOS 7 support?

Brian C. Lane bcl at redhat.com
Thu Jun 11 16:17:31 UTC 2015

On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 12:16:13PM -0700, Locane wrote:
> Thanks for the reply Grant.
>
> I can't seem to get livecd--tools to work under CentOS 7 at all - the
> "rhpl" package has apparently been removed, and livecd-tools requires it to
> run.
>
> I found it in the rpmforge repository, but the package requires Python 2.6
> - CentOS 7 is Python 2.7 (the entire reason for the upgrade on my end, in
> fact).
>
> Secondly, Lorax doesn't appear to do what I need it to do - I need to
> generate a LiveCD image from a custom kickstart file, and it looks like
> Lorax creates an install ISO, not an image designed to come up and run
> utilities, perform operations and actions from RAM.
>
> Do you have any more suggestions?  I'm about to just start commenting out
> code and see if that helps.

Sorry I didn't see this message sooner.

livemedia-creator is the supported way to create custom isos and disk
images. It is part of the lorax package and you can read the docs for
the Fedora version here -
https://rhinstaller.github.io/lorax/livemedia-creator.html and my recent
blog post here -
https://www.brianlane.com/creating-live-isos-with-livemedia-creator.html