[Fedora-livecd-list] Direct install?

ToddAndMargo ToddAndMargo at zoho.com
Sat May 9 01:36:06 UTC 2015

On 05/08/2015 06:12 PM, ToddAndMargo wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am always having something go wrong with Live USB.  I occurs to me
> that why don't I just directly install FC21 to a flash drive?  Will this
> work and will it be bootable?   (I use the Live CD to do installs, so I
> don't need that feature on a bootable stick.)
>
> Many thanks,
> -T

Please cancel question.

Oh oh.  Just found this:
http://www.tuxradar.com/content/how-install-linux-usb-flash-drive

     Live CDs scan the hardware at boot time, and so are likely to be
compatible with the most machines.

     Live CDs must by necessity have a small footprint, which means
there's more space for your files - or you can just buy a smaller,
cheaper drive.

     Live CDs run as much as they can in RAM, which makes for better
performance.

     Live CDs don't use swap.