[Fedora-livecd-list] 3 GB barrier

Frederick Grose fgrose at gmail.com
Wed May 13 00:58:23 UTC 2015

On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 12:16 PM, ToddAndMargo <ToddAndMargo at zoho.com>
wrote:

> On 05/12/2015 09:06 AM, Scott Dowdle wrote:
>
>> Greetings,

​See this recent response,
https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/livecd/2015-May/007723.html​

​It is important to understand that Fedora LiveCD technology is based on
embedded filesystems,
an ext4 filesystem and partition (inside the ext3fs.img file) that is
compressed inside a SquashFS
filesystem (inside the squashfs.img file) all saved on the LiveCD or .iso
file in an ISO 9660 filesystem,
or on a LiveUSB device in the LiveOS folder of the device filesystem (which
may be a fat, extX, or
other filesystem).  With this technology, when one sees or thinks about a
file or filesystem size, one
must be careful and clear about which of the many simultaneously present
filesystems one is
referring to.

        --Fred

-T