[Fedora-livecd-list] Direct install?

Frederick Grose fgrose at gmail.com
Sat May 16 23:38:23 UTC 2015

On Sat, May 16, 2015 at 6:26 PM, ToddAndMargo <ToddAndMargo at zoho.com> wrote:

> On 05/16/2015 07:25 AM, Frederick Grose wrote:
>
>> On Sat, May 16, 2015 at 12:00 AM, ToddAndMargo <ToddAndMargo at zoho.com
>> <mailto:ToddAndMargo at zoho.com>>wrote:
>>
>>     ​{...}
>>
>>     And I used your
>>     /usr/lib/dracut/dracut.conf.d/01-dist.conf
>>     hostonly="no"
>>

>> ​If you run an update that includes a new version of dracut, this change
>> in /usr/live/dracut/ will likely be overwritten.
>>

> Hi Fred,
>
> I do not have a /usr/live directory.  Is this because I am
> installing a LIVE SUB, but a direct install?

​No. That was a typo for the /usr/lib/dracut/​

​directory.​

By adding a user
>> preference to a new file in /etc/dracut.conf.d/ such as
>> 01-nohostonly.conf containing the hostonly="no" line, whenever dracut
>> builds a new initramfs for your system, such as when there is a kernel
>> update, it will honor that user preference.  See
>>

> From what I can tell, the entire file in /etc/dracut.conf.d is
> substituted.  Originally, I had thought to only put the changes
> in the /etc/file.
>
>      22: Files with the same name in /etc/dracut.conf.d will
>          replace files in /usr/lib/dracut/dracut.conf.d.

​You can replace the​ entire file
 01-dist.conf
​, but then any future changes to it in a new version of dracut will be
overlooked.  Having a separate file name for just the hostonly option​
means you want to override that option only.

http://git.kernel.org/cgit/boot/dracut/dracut.git/tree/dracut.conf.5.asc