[Fedora-livecd-list] best way to list package build dependencies

Brian C. Lane bcl at redhat.com
Tue Sep 22 23:03:45 UTC 2015

On Tue, Sep 22, 2015 at 12:20:51AM +0200, Federico Bruni wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I'm new to Fedora and livecd (after several years of Debian).
>
> I'm trying livecd for the first time. I want to create a custom ISO which
> includes the packages needed to build a specific package. I know that I can
> find the dependencies from the package .spec file.. My question is: instead
> of manually copying and pasting the package names, there's an elegant way to
> install the dependencies using an option in the .ks file?
> Maybe I can just add the line `dnf builddep <package>` in the .ks file?
>
> I read carefully this chapter¹ but couldn't find anything about this
> specific topic.
>
> Thanks in advance
> Federico
>
> ¹ https://github.com/rhinstaller/pykickstart/blob/master/docs/kickstart-docs.rst#chapter-3-package-selection

First off, I'd recommend looking at livemedia-creator for any new iso
creation projects:

https://rhinstaller.github.io/lorax/livemedia-creator.html

It is part of the lorax package.

To answer your question, you don't need to add dependencies yourself.
That's the installer's job, so you just list the packages you want.

It is best to start out with an example working kickstart though, since
there are packages that a basic system needs to have. eg.

https://github.com/rhinstaller/lorax/blob/master/docs/fedora-livemedia.ks