agenda and idea for 12 Aug meeting

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Tue Aug 11 18:35:38 UTC 2009

(Cross-posted to logistics & docs lists because of wider topic.)

John Poelstra has proposed having the Zikula schedule discussion as
the first part of the Docs meeting this week, after Paul's suggestion
to preempt the Docs meeting for this important topic.  Because that
works best via voice, we are going to be mostly discussing on
sip:2009 at talk.fedoraproject.org.

How about if we just *move* the Zikula coordination meeting to
interact with the Docs meeting until the CMS is rolled out?  How does
Docs feel about that?

To do that, we would want to take all of the status-of-guides notices
directly to the list _before_ the meeting.  Then we can discuss
exceptions to the schedule in the meeting, if needed.

This week, I propose that we spend the second part of the meeting
discussing the Docs/L10n schedule.  These goals:

1. Explain it to everyone present
2. Figure how to show key dates, etc. so it is clear to writers/editors
3. How to manage regular reminders (nagging) of upcoming dates

My experience shows that a complex schedule with a distributed team
requires regular reminders and continuous understanding.  Talk about
it often.  Show how it changes over time.  Make sure people don't
forget key dates.  That's the (permanent) agenda topic I propose,
starting this week with deeper understanding for all.

Since John (poelcat) will be present, he can help us explain the
schedule; we can talk about presentation choices, etc.

cheers - Karsten
http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
AD0E0C41