Reminder: Zikula Meeting 2009-08-05 @ 15:00 UTC (11 AM EDT)

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Tue Aug 11 20:56:05 UTC 2009

On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 01:26:50PM -0400, Eric Christensen wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 13:03, John Poelstra<poelstra at redhat.com> wrote:
> > satya komaragiri said the following on 08/04/2009 05:00 AM Pacific Time:
> >> Can Beacon be added to agenda as well if there is anything the list
> >> would like to discuss? I can make it at the scheduled time. I have
> >> informed the Beacon upstream about this meeting and have got a
> >> response in the affirmative.
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> Satya
> >
> > I'm sorry we haven't been able to get this onto the meeting agenda.  Do
> > we still need to discuss it?  Is there a bug to tracking its packaging?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > John
>
> Beacon is still in development so no bug has been filed for packaging.
>  Probably should make one so we don't forget about it.

Huh, I was sure that filing a package for review was early in the
process, but I don't see an obvious request filed.

> Satya: Can you give the list an update and progress report on Beacon, please?

This is from last week to f-docs-l:

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-docs-list/2009-August/msg00041.html

We've had some changes this Summer with expectations for Beacon.  I
wanted to see it integrated with Zikula, but there can't be a
dependency between the two efforts.  My last recommendation, which
mainly concurred with Yaakov's, is to get Beacon running stand-alone
and integrated with FAS access to fedorahosted.org DocBook XML
sources.

- Karsten
http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
AD0E0C41