Zikula Meeting Recap 2009-08-12

John Poelstra poelstra at redhat.com
Thu Aug 13 00:57:53 UTC 2009

2009-08-12
Attendees: John Poelstra, Jon Stanley, Paul Frields, Eric Christensen,
Ian Weller, Susan Lauber

o Held on Gobby and FedoraTalk w/ bridge to global toll-free call-in
facility

== Meeting Summary ==
o We were unable to reach any level of certainty or confidence that we
can go live with Zikula for Fedora 12 due to the outstanding questions
below.
o No one at the meeting was opposed to the idea of postponing Zikula
go-live until after GA of Fedora 12.
o Meeting ended with next goal to complete all packaging by the end of
Fedora 12.
o Unclear whether we are going to continue to meet at regular Wednesday
time slot.

== Outstanding Issues/Questions ==

1) What modules do we absolutely need to have to go live?
   --why do we need menutree?

2) Who can answer #1?
   --we need someone that has actually installed and admin'd a Zikula
instance

3) We need at least one WYSIWYG editor that can be installed and used

4) Infrastructure freezes are coming up--when are they?
  - https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Release_Infrastructure_SOP#Change_Freeze
  - https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Schedule

5) Zikula upstream folks are on holiday or hard to reach right now--how
can we establish better contact?

6) Given all the uncertainty and unanswered questions can we really
go-live for Fedora 12?

7) What about a FAD focused on getting Zikula live sometime after GA of
Fedora 12?

8) Can Documentation team continue in stop-gap mode for Fedora 12
without adverse affects?

9) Do we have a formal requirements for each of the groups?  If yes,
where are they documented?