Reminder: Zikula Meeting 2009-08-05 @ 15:00 UTC (11 AM EDT)

satya komaragiri satya.komaragiri at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 11:53:15 UTC 2009

Hello,

The goals were revised and it was decided that I first put up a
standalone demo where we can get enough feedback to make Beacon usable
and then concentrate on integrating it in Zikula and Publican.

The demo is up at http://publictest1.fedoraproject.org/beacon/php/beacon.php

The login page requires the user's FAS account details.
It would be really nice if you could take some time to test it out and
give some feedback.

>>> Beacon is still in development so no bug has been filed for packaging.
>>>  Probably should make one so we don't forget about it.
>>
>> Huh, I was sure that filing a package for review was early in the
>> process, but I don't see an obvious request filed.

I know this has been delayed quite a bit as I was having some trouble
with packaging it. Its almost done and I will submit the standalone
package for review by tonight.

> I'm not aware of any package for review as I don't think the software
> has been completed.
>>
>>> Satya: Can you give the list an update and progress report on Beacon, please?
>>
>> This is from last week to f-docs-l:
>>
>> http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-docs-list/2009-August/msg00041.html
>
> Yeah, I'm hoping to have an update of this for tonight's meeting.

I tried to join the meeting today morning but I had some trouble
connecting with VoIP. I will mail in a detailed report once I am done
packaging. The demo is up so anyone can try it and give me some
feedback.

>> We've had some changes this Summer with expectations for Beacon.  I
>> wanted to see it integrated with Zikula, but there can't be a
>> dependency between the two efforts.  My last recommendation, which
>> mainly concurred with Yaakov's, is to get Beacon running stand-alone
>> and integrated with FAS access to fedorahosted.org DocBook XML
>> sources.
>>
>> https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/1580

The infra team sponsored me for sysadmin-test and I have been able to
set up the demo.

Regards,
Satya