Zikula Meeting Recap 2009-08-12

Simon Birtwistle simon at zikula.org
Fri Aug 14 01:29:54 UTC 2009

> 1) What modules do we absolutely need to have to go live?
>    --why do we need menutree?

You probably don't.  It's a very-nice-to-have module - because it makes
constructing a menu that much simpler.  However, if you just want to
replicate the current docs site in Zikula for release #1, then you don't
need this module.

> 2) Who can answer #1?
>    --we need someone that has actually installed and admin'd a Zikula
> instance

That's me.  Unfortunately, your need for me has precisely coincided with my
limited availability.  I'll be around a little more next week, but I won't
be truly available for a month.

> 3) We need at least one WYSIWYG editor that can be installed and used

There are 4 that scribite supports.  I hope at least one is GPLed

> 5) Zikula upstream folks are on holiday or hard to reach right now--how
> can we establish better contact?

This again is my fault, sorry.  'Camp Zikula' starts tomorrow - it's a get
together of Zikula developers.  I've arranged for a presentation on Fedora
to be made that includes a call for help.  You might get some volunteers
from this, the most important Zikula devs tend to attend the camp.  We will
see...

I feel bad for disappearing on you at the vital time, but I am still working
behind the scenes to sort things out.  I'm also continually available via
email if you contact me direct.

Simon