Zikula deployment date

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 22:09:12 UTC 2009


On 08/17/2009 02:45 PM, Mel Chua wrote:
> On 08/16/2009 03:32 AM, Mel Chua wrote:
>>>> covered by any freezes.  Mel will be working on getting a test instance
>>>> for marketing on a publictest machine soon.
> 
> And it's done. Try it out at http://publictest6.fedoraproject.org/zikula 
> - there isn't a clear notion of workflow yet, so we're really just 
> generally mucking around to see what we can do with it right now. Tinker 
> away!
> 
> Questions still outstanding:
> 
>> 1. is FI critical-path (and therefore impacted by infrastructure freeze?)

From the description, I say yes it is.

>> 2. given the answer to (1), what timeline/deadlines would you propose
>> for getting FI infrastructure up and onto production (before September
>> 8? get it on publictest now and wait until F13 for the rest?) (What
>> should work, on what server, when?)

What needs to be running in time for you to do things with it?  I assume
that once the system is running you still need to generate content for
it?  Or do we need to import content/copy a database?

If it's running to your satisfaction on publictest6, (ie, as far as
you're concerned, if the software there can be run on production and
only content that you write will be added), then it's probably time to
get it into puppet and deployed to the staging environment.  Once that's
done, mmcgrath will need to talk to you about what kind of load you
expect to see and spend (I believe he thought about a week) making sure
it will handle the number of users we expect to see.  And won't
negatively impact other services at the same time.  If all of that can
be done before two weeks from final freeze, we should be okay to get
this in. Even better would be to get this running on staging before
alpha is released so that we have the full time between alpha and final
to work out any problems.

As for when Infrastructure is frozen:
  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/12/Schedule

Each time there's a release (alpha, beta, and final), we freeze two
weeks before a release is planned.  If the release slips, then we extend
the freeze.  *If a release slips and the next release does not slip then
we have less time in between to get things done*.  Note that we can do
things via change request, though.  So if Fedora Release slips are
interfering with our plans to deploy zikula but zikula is all ready to
go, then we need to discuss that in an infrastructure meeting and decide
as a group if we can do it in a change request and whether that's best
done while preparing for the (alpha/beta) release or in the first week
of the final.

-Toshio

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: signature.asc
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 197 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
Url : http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/logistics/attachments/20090817/3e973f20/attachment.bin 


More information about the logistics mailing list