Fwd: Fedora Insight Zikula Instance - please help us find a packager

Simon Birtwistle simon at zikula.org
Fri Aug 28 04:20:18 UTC 2009

> Is filterutil a library that can be used in any zikula module or is it
> something that can only be used in pagemaster?  If it's the latter then
> it can stay in the pagemaster package as it's really just a part of
> that.  If the former: Is FilterUtil distributed as its own backported
> module or is each new release a part of the pagemaster release?  If
> it's only distributed inside the pagemaster module then it's a library
> provided by pagemaster.  If the latter, it needs to be packaged
> separately.

So FilterUtil will become a core Zikula library, available to all.  However,
in Zikula 1.x (i.e. the deployment we are talking about) FilterUtil is not
available.  The pagemaster developers have backported it for their uses -
it's not publically available as a download from anywhere except the Zikula
SVN.

No other modules should access the FilterUtil provided by pagemaster - it's
something they have backported for themselves only.  From what I know of the
Fedora packaging guidelines in this case there is no need to package
FilterUtil separately - there will be no external dependencies.

Simon