Fedora 13 Go/No-Go Date--no looking back

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 21:59:23 UTC 2009

On Wed, Dec 09, 2009 at 07:56:06AM -0500, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 04, 2009 at 05:08:25PM -0500, John Poelstra wrote:
> > Paul W. Frields said the following on 12/01/2009 06:02 PM Pacific Time:

> > >I've posed just that question to Kara Schiltz in Red Hat, who works PR
> > >for Fedora.  I may need to ask for the opinions of a few additional
> > >people, including the Red Hat web team that runs redhat.com.
> > >
> > >The redhat.com web site advertises new Fedora releases for several
> > >weeks starting on release day, with Fedora banners and updated
> > >material about the Project and the distro.  That might need to be
> > >taken into account as well, because obviously a delay might put us in
> > >conflict with some other front page material.  It hasn't happened yet;
> > >we've always been able to work out changes in schedule with a minimum
> > >of fuss, but I'd just want someone to tell us they'd continue to be
> > >flexible in the future. :-)
> > >

> > Hi Paul,
> >
> > Any chance you got a reply on this?  An answer might help in our
> > discussions this weekend about finalizing the schedule.
>
> I sent email to Kara Schiltz re-pinging.  I suspect the Red Hat web
> team may also need to weigh in since the redhat.com front page
> reflects Fedora release content on release day as well.

Kara confirmed with me that this move would not be a monumental
problem for Red Hat's PR efforts.  To reiterate, we'd want to be
mindful of the Red Hat team that works on the redhat.com web site,
where space is typically reserved for us on the week following our
release date.  In the event of some collision with other Red Hat needs
for the redhat.com on or around our new release date, I'd work with
that team to find an agreeable solution.