Hosted identi.ca

Ricky Zhou ricky at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jul 16 21:45:53 UTC 2009

On 2009-07-16 05:31:45 PM, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> > Moreover, do we know that the FAS OpenID provider is actually
> > serviceable right now? I know that there were some serious issues with
> > it that needed to be resolved (involving pretty much a complete
> > rewrite, IIRC).
>
> Would any of those issues keep it from working properly?  Because I've
> been using it regularly for some time without issue.
At the moment, no, but it's not something that I'm confident in relying
on in its current state, and we don't really consider it a fully
tested/production feature in FAS, more of a preview.  As Jon mentioned,
it pretty much needs a total rewrite at this point to make sure that it
fully complies with the OpenID spec.

Thanks,
Ricky