Reminder: Zikula Meeting 2009-07-29 @ 15:00 UTC (11 AM EDT)

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 22:39:54 UTC 2009

On 07/28/2009 03:08 PM, Eric Christensen wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-07-28 at 14:47 -0700, John Poelstra wrote:
>> * '''ACTIONS:'''
>> ** Sparks to review license problems in scribite! to determine if he can
>> just remove the "broken" pieces.
>
> This has been completed and scribite! is in the repo.  Upstream removed
> ALL text editors from within scribite! and provides them separately.  I
> just need to know what text editor(s) need to be packaged.  Zikula has
> Xinha (I don't think this one is GPL), tinymce, fckeditor, openwysiwyg,
> and nicedit.

From the last upstream package that had the editors, xinha was the only
one that had a license incompatible with the GPL.  I don't know what
might have been stripped in that package vs from upstream, though.

On 07/28/2009 02:47 PM, John Poelstra wrote:
> == Draft Zikula Schedule ==
> --Promised skeleton is below... Poelstra needs detailed tasks from all
> the teams to fill in this schedule.  Suggest doing this with Gobby (and
> possibly Fedora Talk) ASAP
> * DISCUSS: set time and date using--http://whenisgood.net/RKQ8tE
>

> Packaging Modules                               Tue 2009-06-10         ???
>    --when will we really be done?

We don't strictly need all of the modules to be in Fedora to go into
infrastructure but they need to be under review.  Licensing and bundling
should both have been audited and resolved, at least, as inability to
resolve those later could mean that we have to take down the service
(licensing) or security issues (bundling).

> Start Alpha Freeze                              Tue 2009-08-04      Tue
> 2009-08-04
>
> Alpha Public Availability                       Tue 2009-08-18      Tue
> 2009-08-18
>
> Test Instance "Go Live"                         Tue 2009-08-25      Tue
> 2009-08-25
>
> Performance Testing                             Wed 2009-08-26      Fri
> 2009-09-04
>
> Final (Beta) Freeze                             Tue 2009-09-22      Tue
> 2009-09-22
>
> Build Production Box                                 ???
>    ???
>
> Deploy Production Box                                ???
>    ???

mmcgrath: Do we want to build a separate box for zikula or host it on
the app servers?  I remember at one time we wanted it to have its own
box due to security concerns but I don't know if that's still the case.

> Beta Release Public Availability                Tue 2009-10-06      Tue
> 2009-10-06
>
> Zikula "Go Live" for F12 Release                      ???
>    ???
>
> GA Release                                       Tue 2009-11-03      Tue
> 2009-11-03

-Toshio