Licensing problems, solution strategy

Simon Birtwistle simon at zikula.org
Fri Jul 31 20:35:05 UTC 2009

> I think that Simon from Zikula is on this list, but as Toshio said, we
> should reach out to the developers of each of the problem module to
> let them know what we're proposing to do, which is to take on the
> action item of ripping out license encumbered bits and replace them
> with functional equivalents that are GPL licensed.  We'd love to have
> help from the upstream maintainers within the next several days, but
> failing that we need to commit to the work ourselves if we want to
> move it forward.

I am on this list, and reading when I can.  Apologies for my absence - as I
suspected I am working long hours while away from home with limited access
to my email.  If you have any specific questions directed at me I'd ask that
you email me directly, and I'll prioritise anything I receive in my inbox
ahead of the mailing lists.

Simon