Fedora 13 Go/No-Go Date--no looking back

John Poelstra poelstra at redhat.com
Tue Nov 24 23:54:47 UTC 2009

Hi Everyone,

Fedora 13, I mean Jesse, and I were just talking on IRC about the
scheduling of the final "Go/No-Go" meeting.  This is the meeting where
all the key engineering teams meet to declare the release GOLD or not.

In the past it has been Jesse's understanding that certain teams need
decent lead time to "stop the presses" if our scheduled release date
will NOT be met.

For Fedora 13 we have the "Go/No-Go" meeting scheduled for 2010-04-19 (8
days before the public release on 2010-04-27) with the content going to
the mirrors on 2010-04-22.

If we were to move the "Go/No-Go" meeting closer to 2010-04-22 by a day
or two (say TUES 2010-04-21 or WED 2010-04-20) would that cause problems
for any of the teams if we were to declare on one of those dates that we
were NOT releasing on the originally scheduled date?

Please reply ASAP as we are trying to finalize the Fedora 13 dates soon.

Thanks,
John