Fedora 13 Go/No-Go Date--no looking back

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Wed Nov 25 22:44:58 UTC 2009

On Tue, 24 Nov 2009, John Poelstra wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> Fedora 13, I mean Jesse, and I were just talking on IRC about the
> scheduling of the final "Go/No-Go" meeting.  This is the meeting where
> all the key engineering teams meet to declare the release GOLD or not.
>
> In the past it has been Jesse's understanding that certain teams need
> decent lead time to "stop the presses" if our scheduled release date
> will NOT be met.
>
> For Fedora 13 we have the "Go/No-Go" meeting scheduled for 2010-04-19 (8
> days before the public release on 2010-04-27) with the content going to
> the mirrors on 2010-04-22.
>
> If we were to move the "Go/No-Go" meeting closer to 2010-04-22 by a day
> or two (say TUES 2010-04-21 or WED 2010-04-20) would that cause problems
> for any of the teams if we were to declare on one of those dates that we
> were NOT releasing on the originally scheduled date?
>
> Please reply ASAP as we are trying to finalize the Fedora 13 dates soon.

The problems for infrastructure are mostly involved with total frozen
time.  If we schedule a 2 week freeze, and the slip happens in that time,
it becomes a 3 or 4 week freeze.  It doesn't cause issues for the release
itself but can slow things down in infra.  Just mentioning it, I wouldn't
think it's a blocker for changing the meeting go/no-go date if there's
good reason to move it.

	-Mike