Meet Chris + zikula module developent

Mel Chua mel at redhat.com
Wed Sep 9 13:35:55 UTC 2009

(Copying the logistics list, since that's where all the zikula-setup
convos happen these days.)

Chris, meet Simon, our resident guru of All Things Zikula. (itbegins on IRC)

Simon, meet Chris. (stpierre on IRC) Chris has plenty of experience
developing modules for other PHP-based CMSes (Drupal, etc) and, after
talking with Mo (yay, Mo!) is interested in helping out with our zikula
deployment - need any help tinkering around with zikula modules?

Modules that have been suggested:

* Rawhide Report module (weather-report style - this one would probably
be both from scratch and fairly simple to do)
* Calendar plugin (finding/choosing/customizing one, most likely)
* RSS feeds (making them Just Work; I'm not sure what this means... Mo?)

(Mo, let me know if I'm forgetting anything here... everyone else,
module suggestions, getting-started suggestions?)

Welcome aboard, Chris! I think #fedora-websites, #fedora-admin (for
infrastructure-related conversations / getting privs to access various
resources), and perhaps #fedora-mktg (for "how does this specifically
get deployed on Fedora Insight?" stuff) are the places you'll probably
want to hang out in for starters. :)

--Mel