Flexifilter and FWN

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 11:37:18 UTC 2010

I started experimenting with the Flexifilter module:
  http://drupal.org/project/flexifilter

It allows parsing of different kinds of text to render as HTML content
in a Drupal page.  (There was an earlier version of this module that
used PEAR parsing routines, whose page recommends Flexifilter
instead.)

There's a test page here:
  http://publictest4.fedoraproject.org/drupal/node/11

Last night I wrote some customization for handling <ref> tags, but
it's not complete.  I just wanted to see how hard it was to create a
new handler.  Some things are frighteningly easy, like headings.  Some
are a little more difficult -- not in concept, just in using the web
interface to create them!  Fortunately there's a way to write the
filter in code and then import it.

The point of doing this is that it would make people's lives very easy
if they could just paste in wiki text and have it Just Work(tm).  I'm
going to continue working on this in light of the work session Pascal
and I had yesterday.  The process for entering an FWN issue is pretty
simple, and this would shave off an extra portion of time that
otherwise the editor would have to spend tweaking the markup.

Pascal, are you willing to locate any FWN workflow writeup you did
earlier, and tweak it to match what we did yesterday?