Theme mockup push?

Jef van Schendel jefvanschendel at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 11:28:27 UTC 2010

2010/12/9 Paul W. Frields <stickster at gmail.com>

> Maybe a gradient in the blue band header to make it subtly less bland?
> I think the blandness is partly why you say "ugly" below -- not
> intended as a criticism, just agreeing that there may be ways to
> spruce it up!

Actually, I added a gradient already, so I'm guessing it's too subtle. ;)

I'm not sure a gradient is the right solution though - there's
something to the 2d look that I like. It's also a common property
among newspapers.

The menu items are the things that need fixing, I think. I'm going to
give those a shot right now.

> Maybe on the right side, above the RSS content, would be a good place
> for the login block.  There are also some common links for things like
> "Preferences," "Logout," and so forth that might do well to live in
> that area too, as a vertical list -- but please don't let me dictate
> design to the designer. :-) I should have explicitly mentioned those
> earlier.

I agree, that would be a good spot. I'll make some space for it.

I'm hoping to send a new version to the list today. :)

Jef