Setting up a weekly zikula test cycle

Mel Chua mel at redhat.com
Tue Feb 9 02:49:58 UTC 2010

>> 1. Every Monday, after FWN is published, we do a little sprint to take
>> the just-published FWN content and "republish" it using the FI workflow
>> as it's written at that time.
>
> The easiest way to do this is probably to take the version that gets
> sent to announce and news lists and chunk these as individual stories at
> the beat level. The e-mail version is the most generic ASCII, which will
> facilitate entering these into Xinhua in Zikula.

That sounds perfect.

> I will go through all of the tickets I opened during FUDCon and verify
> that these all have been addressed. The vast majority of what was left
> after FUDCon was design/CSS-related.

If you'd like company, just holler to the logistics list and we'll see
if anyone's free to join in on the fun (if I'm free, I'll certainly be
there).

>> 3. Figure out who/what-roles from FWN should have what administrative
>> privileges in zikula, and make (and hook-in) the appropriate FAS groups
>> to make that happen. (I don't think we have done this yet - what would
>> you like to do here?)
>
> Two levels perhaps to start:
>
> 1) Beat writer: submits story to review/approval queue
> 2) FWN editor: check spelling, links, grammar, etc. and approve story
> when ready

This makes perfect sense - here's what I think needs to happen to finish
this part:

1. (the easy one:) What should these two groups be called? newswriter
and newseditor, maybe?

2. What privileges in zikula should each group have, in zikula-speak?
(Probably a question for upstream/Simon, in interpreting your requirements.)

3. What needs to happen to get those groups created (with Pascal as the
initial owner) and hooked into zikula as described?

We'd need to follow a similar process once more for Marketing once we
start adding Marketing content, but we're just getting News going for now.

>> Thoughts? Does this sound like a good next-step for getting started?
>
> Yes. Let's start with this current issue that just went out, and I will
> enter each beat in as a story on the staging server, and we'll see if
> the tags and such work in terms of aggregating the beats into an issue
> that can be subscribed to.
>
> Mel, is there still a weekly Zikula IRC meeting (used to be Wednesday
> evenings)? We might be able to meet there as needed to go over reporting
> tweaks and such as we move though this, and fix on the fly. We'll see
> what kinds of issue arise.

This sounds like a good idea - we tried once to restart those meetings,
but nobody really picked up on it. If there's a time (on Wednesday night
or otherwise) that works for you, I'm happy to hop in and be your minion
for this, and we'll see who else we can get to come. ;)

When is good? My meeting calendar is relatively open in the EST
afternoons, with the exception of Tuesday (which is claimed by Marketing
from 2000-2100 UTC/3-4pm EST in winter).

--Mel