start.fedoraproject.org

Paul Frields stickster at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 02:00:54 UTC 2010

On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 3:03 PM, Mike McGrath <mmcgrath at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 26 Feb 2010, Bill Nottingham wrote:
>
>> Mike McGrath (mmcgrath at redhat.com) said:
>> > I've been wondering if there's something more we can do with
>> > start.fedoraproject.org.  I was thinking about adding more information to
>> > the site without cluttering it up.  We chatted in #fedora-websites for a
>> > bit and thought about this:
>> >
>> > 2 boxes
>> >
>> > Each box contains 3 "news" items
>> >
>> > Each item would contain a title link, and very brief description
>> >
>> > One box would be for Fedora Project news "Test day tomorrow", "Public
>> > Fedora Board Meeting"
>> >
>> > One box would be for Fedora OS news "Alpha is out" "Try the new security
>> > spin", etc.
>> >
>> > We were thinking about adding it along the left side if there's enough
>> > room.  Some mockups will help identify best locations for sure.
>> >
>> > Any thoughts/comments on it?
>>
>> Do we have an existing news feed for these sorts of things we can easily
>> tie in?
>>

> No, but we will when Fedora Insight is deployed.  They've been working on
> it for many months now but nothing in production yet.

...So given that people would like such a news feed, this would be an
ideal time to help get it up and going. Mel Chua is leading the charge
and could really use a couple extra hands for a few hours.  Mel, is
the current issue ticket queue correct as far as what's still left to
do?

https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/query?status=new&status=assigned&status=reopened&keywords=~Zikula&keywords=~Fedora+Insight&order=priority

Paul