FI update: Websites team now stepping up to fix theme package

Mel Chua mel at redhat.com
Sun Jan 24 16:05:33 UTC 2010

>> Also, are we using ENGINE=MyISAM with good reasons or just because it
>> is the default type in mysql? InnoDB offers, IMO, an improvement:
>> transactions and foreign key constraints ( also row level locking on
>> updates ).
>>
> I have no idea why this has been done, Probably Simon (itbegins) will be
> able to answer you or Mel.
> (Yeah I dint setup the pt6 instance)

I set up the pt6 instance, and chose MyISAM because the zikula sandbox
instructions said to do it.
(https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_set_up_a_Zikula_sandbox#Zikula_installation,
step 7). Paul wrote those instructions and might be able to chime in if
there's a reason we don't know about.

My guess is that it's just because it is the default. The first-page
hits on http://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+install+zikula (our
sandbox instructions among them) say to choose MyISAM, but there's no
indication of any reason; I can't find any "choose MyISAM or ELSE!"
documentation after spending 10m looking through the stuff on
zikula.org. Copying Simon as a sanity check, but my *guess* is that it
would be fine to switch to InnoDB.

--Mel