Zikula sandboxin' to-do list [was: Re: Meeting minutes 2010-01-19]

David Nalley david.nalley at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jan 25 15:18:22 UTC 2010

> Three options:
>
> Option 1: Design and implement a
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_set_up_a_Zikula_sandbox#Short_URLs_System.

Hey guys:

I am not doing the work here so feel free to ignore me.
</disclaimer>
Have you discussed the .htaccess stuff with infra? We spent a lot of
time purging .htaccess files from zikula source.
Checking for .htaccess files can be a huge overhead (each directory
has to be parsed for an .htaccess to see if it applies to that
request). You can load them once by putting them in the zikula conf.d
file and turn off use of .htaccess altogether.

It could be that infra has to parse for .htaccess anyway, but our
conversation many months back led me to a contrary conclusion.

You often have to use .htaccess in shared hosting situations where you
don't have root access. However we do and it will reduce puppet
complexity as well I think.

This appears to be noted on the wiki page, so perhaps that is already
in your line of thinking, and my note is pointless, but just in case.

Again, I am not doing the work and understand that means I get no say
in how things are done, but figured I would offer the suggestion
anyway