AuthFAS -- captures of code from pt6

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 20:35:07 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jun 04, 2010 at 03:46:51PM -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> I captured all the differences in code between what's in git for
> AuthFAS, and what's deployed on /usr/share/zikula/modules/AuthFAS on
> publictest6.  I committed everything to a new "pt6-capture" branch:
>
> http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=fedora-zikula.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/pt6-capture
>
> Note that I did my best at making proper git commits, i.e. somewhat
> self-explanatory and self-contained, in case any of them turn out to
> be unwanted.
>
> I'm about to do the same thing with the theme, but I expect it's going
> to be somewhat harder since I don't know a ton about the CSS changes
> there.

That URL now should show all the captures of theme and template
changes.  Sorry it's not as atomic -- it's very difficult to do that
after the fact with so many changes having been made live on the
server.

Smooge and I are going to work on writing up the process we expect
people to use to make changes, so that we don't have to go through
this again down the road.  Basically, AIUI the way to make changes
should be:

0. Fiddle with changes on the pt6 test box

1. Capture changes in the git repo

2. Roll out changes as a new release of the module or theme package

3. yum update the packages on pt6 test box

AFAICT we weren't making it beyond Step 0 for most changes, which
makes collaboration and identifying problems much harder.  Smooge,
stop me if I got any of that wrong. ;-)