Fedora Insight testing

Drak drak at zikula.org
Tue Jun 8 08:28:18 UTC 2010

On 8 June 2010 14:06, Robyn Bergeron <robyn.bergeron at gmail.com> wrote:

> > The upgrade process for Zikula 1.2.3 is just a matter of
> > a) copy new files
> > b) run upgrade.php
> > c) delete install*, upgrade.php
> > This will not affect your AuthFAS at all.
> > To upgrade EZComments, simply copy the new module files, then go to the
> > admin -> modules ->regenerate list, then click upgrade on the EZComments
>
> Perhaps someone can clear some things up for me before I stick my foot
> further into my mouth. :)

Well, I dont know the overhead of your .rpm creation process, but upgrading
a site will take 5 minutes.

> * How long will this upgrade take us (not the physical typing of
> things and copying files, but builds / packaging / whatever magic
> needs to hapen) - can we get this up and running by Wednesday, Friday,
> ?, for basic testing to see if this will fix the EZComments issue?
> * When 1.2.3 goes into staging and/or production - would we really be
> installing an old version, then upgrading to 1.2.3, following the
> steps above? Or would it be advisable to install 1.2.3 from scratch?
> If so, would we want to just install 1.2.3 from scratch in a new
> instance on pt6,  so that we can have a documented, repeatable
> process?

For the future, I would really like to start some continuous integration
process for packaging - this was maintainers can simply review the created
packages and push them rather than have to spend time doing everything
manually.

Regards,

Drak