start.fedoraproject.org

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Mon Mar 1 21:50:44 UTC 2010

On Fri, 26 Feb 2010, Mike McGrath wrote:

> I've been wondering if there's something more we can do with
> start.fedoraproject.org.  I was thinking about adding more information to
> the site without cluttering it up.  We chatted in #fedora-websites for a
> bit and thought about this:
>
> 2 boxes
>
> Each box contains 3 "news" items
>
> Each item would contain a title link, and very brief description
>
> One box would be for Fedora Project news "Test day tomorrow", "Public
> Fedora Board Meeting"
>
> One box would be for Fedora OS news "Alpha is out" "Try the new security
> spin", etc.
>
> We were thinking about adding it along the left side if there's enough
> room.  Some mockups will help identify best locations for sure.
>
> Any thoughts/comments on it?

Done:

http://mmcgrath.fedorapeople.org/new-startfpo.png

It's available for testing / viewing in the start.fp.o-news branch in the
fedora-web git repo.

Every time the site builds, it pulls in these RSS feeds:

http://mmcgrath.fedorapeople.org/fpn.rss

and

http://mmcgrath.fedorapeople.org/fdn.rss

It only displays 3 news items a piece, you get the idea.  Hopefully if no
one complains we can get this in to place and tested.

	-Mike