Fedora Insight weekly Meeting

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Fri May 21 22:39:20 UTC 2010

On Sat, May 22, 2010 at 02:03:06AM +0545, Drak wrote:
> I was asking how do we let Fedora know if we have applied a vendor patch to our
> distro that has not yet been released by the vendor in an official version but
> will be part of their next release (some when).  Is there an official way to
> let you know what the patches are?  Possibly just a notice in our readme
> sighting vendor versions and or revision numbers from their VCS?

I'm not sure what all your referencing:
* Who is we?
* What is our distro?
* Who is the vendor?
* Who is the you that you're letting know?

Fedora packagers generally add a comment to their spec file which describes
a patch.  So if they are adding a patch from upstream to backport a feature
it might be like this:

# Patch from upstream to add comment capability
# https://vcs.upstream.org/project/12345/file.php
Source0: zikula-comment.patch

I don't think that's quite what you're asking but maybe it'll get us closer
to understanding each other :-)

-Toshio