Fedora Insight weekly Meeting

Drak drak at zikula.org
Sat May 22 03:20:16 UTC 2010

2010/5/22 Toshio Kuratomi <a.badger at gmail.com>

> On Sat, May 22, 2010 at 02:03:06AM +0545, Drak wrote:
> > I was asking how do we let Fedora know if we have applied a vendor patch
> to our
> > distro that has not yet been released by the vendor in an official
> version but
> > will be part of their next release (some when).  Is there an official way
> > let you know what the patches are?  Possibly just a notice in our readme
> > sighting vendor versions and or revision numbers from their VCS?
> >
> I'm not sure what all your referencing:
> * Who is we?
> * What is our distro?
> * Who is the vendor?
> * Who is the you that you're letting know?

Ok plain English time :-P
When we Zikula need to add a vendor patch for a vendor library we distribute
with Zikula, we Zikula need to let you know what the vendor patch is so your
packagers know what to patch.  How do we let you know what the correct patch
is officially.  Vendor patch means a patch committed to their VCS but not
yet released in an official version.

e.g. Zikula uses Smarty.  Smarty fixes something important to us, but hasnt
yet released a version that includes that fix.  So we checkout revision X
from their source control or file y from revision X and patch the version of
Smarty we distribute.  How do we let you know if we have in fact needed to
do this.

This particular example is fictitious but the way, but could very well
happen.

Drak