Fedora Insight weekly Meeting

Drak drak at zikula.org
Mon May 24 18:59:55 UTC 2010

2010/5/24 Toshio Kuratomi <a.badger at gmail.com>

> (And hopefully the smarty packager would add the vendor patch to our
> smarty package).
>
> For me the best medium for this is bugzilla -- but it could be that
> communicating the needs to the zikula maintainer and letting him open the
> bugzilla ticket to the smarty/php/etc maintainers is the best workflow...
> What does ke4qq think?

I think ya'll jumping the gun.  I was just asking a 'what-if' question.  We
simply do not allow forking or patching of vendor libraries, we never have
done it - however, there have been a few instances where there was a patch
applied upstream and we have included the upstream patch which was due to be
released in a future version but not done so yet.  I was just asking in view
of your strict rules.

Anyway, we have decided to start tracking vendors anyhow in our distro so
that maintainers have an easier task overall anyhow.  Let me know if there
is anything else that would be useful for packagers.

http://code.zikula.org/core/browser/branches/zikula-1.3/src/docs/VENDORS

Ok, so who are our packagers for Zikula - is there a way to find out from a
wiki or something?

Drak