Fedora Insight weekly Meeting

Drak drak at zikula.org
Mon May 24 22:13:27 UTC 2010

On 25 May 2010 03:54, David Nalley <david at gnsa.us> wrote:

> +1 for bugzilla.
> That said, it's not necessarily trivial work, and would require much
> coordination.
> I'd personally urge Zikula (and any other software project) to work
> fervently with upstream to get the patch into a release before
> releasing if at all possible. (notice that this doesn't mean stopping
> the development branch). That said, some upstreams are slower than
> others about releases. But do try and understand the level of work, if
> 15 bundled libraries require patches, it may mean as many as 15 people
> may have to check with upstreams, then package, release, and so on.
> That assumes that the packager wants to, it could be that the packager
> might choose to only maintain un-patched upstream releases to minimize
> maintenance burden. All of this can factor in to delay or it being
> well night impossible for an update to get pushed (as seen with the
> recent almost 6 month delay for 1.2.x versions delay, and requiring an
> exception from FESCo)

Hey David,

I dont know why, but I think my direct emails to you must have been getting
lost... I mailed you so many times before!
Great to see you.  Full ACK, you have no disagreement with me on these
topics :)

Overall however, what is the state of 1.2.x now because as far as I am
concerned we have solved all the issues.   I also updated
https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/375

Regards,

<https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/375>Drak