Importing and publishing in Drupal

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 16:54:57 UTC 2010

On Sat, Nov 20, 2010 at 10:08:16AM +0100, Peter Borsa wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 8:52 PM, Pascal Calarco <pcalarco at nd.edu> wrote:
> > Hi Peter --
> >
> > Is there a way that we could do this without writing a custom
> > module?  I am just thinking that we're not very far into this
> > project and we're already looking at having to write a custom
> > module?  From the perspective of long term maintainability, it
> > would be best if we could keep custom code down to what absolutely
> > can't be done within standard modules.
> >
> > Can we consume data from Data+Feeds using CCK/Views instead?
> >
> > Just some thoughts.  Thanks for all your contributions to FI on
> > Drupal so far, Peter!
>
> Hi!
>
> It is possible. I started out from MN features list, then I will look
> for the other way.

Pascal made a great point here.  Wherever possible we want to rely on
stock code for better scalability.  I'm very appreciative of Peter's
help thus far, and thanks to him for continuing to look at this
particular content need.  At the same time, the relatively small
number of us working on Drupal should be a warning that we want to
stay as close to upstream Drupal as possible.  (Which is the Fedora
way too, not coincidentally, and thus makes sense.)