EtherPad FAD Thanks

Colin Zwiebel colin at zonion.org
Sun Oct 10 16:36:12 UTC 2010

Hello all,
Our Hackathon is over and out. Once I'm done yapping with fam in NH and
enjoying delicious turkey, I get out a more proper recap. For now, I would
like to say thanks to all of you. Solid, hard work from all of you is what
got us so far this weekend. And speaking of which, we are 90% of the way to
having etherpad packaged.

A few quick accomplishments
* Packaging of at least 5 dependencies
* Update to a dependency to make it Java 1.6 compatible and src packageable
* Conversion from a non-free JSON library to an apache license library
* Removal of some unneeded java libraries
* Discussion on communities and their upkeep
* Talk of future applications of Etherpad (embeddable, engine for other
purposes)
* Knowledge sharing on git, packaging, and the Operational Transformation
algorithm
* More (lemme know what I've forgotten as I'd like to write it all up)

Next steps are to get the application itself packaged and figure out a
random build hurdle in c3p0. Take a break from Etherpad, though, y'all
deserve a break.

Safe travels to you all and we'll be in touch,
Colin
  Olin College '12
  E:computing