Drupal Versioning in EPEL

Sven Lankes sven at lank.es
Fri Oct 15 14:02:45 UTC 2010

On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 07:43:51AM -0500, Jon Ciesla wrote:

> WRT separate drupal stacks, with two reviews per package, is a necessary
> evil, at least for EL-5.  I'm also wondering if we should put the drupal
> 5 stack in EL-6 as well as the drupal6 stack.  It's not simply the same
> package with different names, it's got entirely different Requires and
> file placement to allow it to be installed in parallel, allowing
> Enterprise users to upgrade at their own pace, which is more in keeping
> with the mission of RHEL/CentOS/EPEL [...]

While I generally agree I think that EPEL6 should no longer ship Drupal
5. Drupal 5 will no longer receive Security Support once Drupal 7 comes
out (which will probably be within the next couple of months) and then
you end up supporting something unsupportable for many, many years.

If someone cannot update to Drupal 6 then they should either stay on EL5
or manually exclude it from updates.

sven === jabber/xmpp: sven at lankes.net