Drupal Versioning in EPEL

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 21:51:00 UTC 2010

On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 01:40:11PM -0500, Jon Ciesla wrote:
> Paul W. Frields wrote:

> >> Correct me if I'm wrong but I feel that we have now agreed on:
> >>
> >>  1. rename drupal to drupal6 in F15+
> >>
> >>  2. EL5 and EL6 get drupal6 (no change - this is already in testing)
> >>

> Just getting to submitting reviews for these.   I wanted to sanity-check
> something, please tell me if this doesn't work.
>
> We want to rename drupal to drupal6 in F15+.  We have drupal6 already,
> and it already has a devel branch due to the dist-git no-devel-branch
> thingy.  Should I not just dead.package drupal in master,
> un-dead-package drupal6 in master, and have it there, and only there,
> obsolete drupal == 6?

It would be great to see Toshio or another packaging super-expert
chime in here, to save time. :-)

But I *think* that's correct.  That way 'drupal' will not continue on
in F-15 -- only 'drupal6'.

Will that obsolete catch any drupal package with a major number of 6?
Again, I think so, but I haven't done an obsolete in so long I'd
rather have someone experienced give more useful advice.