Drupal naming schema questions

Jon Ciesla limb at jcomserv.net
Thu Oct 28 18:54:09 UTC 2010

Eric "Sparks" Christensen wrote:
> In today's Insight meeting we discussed the confusion over the Drupal
> naming in Fedora and EPEL.  Specifically that we should be able to
> create a single SPEC to cover all branches.  Paul (stickster)
> suggested the following:
>
> %if %{?fedora} < 15
> Requires: drupal6 >=6.0
> %endif
> %if %{?fedora} >= 15
> Requires: drupal >= 6.0
> %endif
> %if %{?rhel}
> Requires: drupal6 >= 6.0
> %endif
>
> This is assuming that drupal will be renamed drupal6 for Fedora 15.
>
> Does this make sense?  Will this work?
>
> --Eric

Actually, since it will be renamed in F15 (if the reviews get done in
time), you would just do:

%if %{?fedora} < 15
Requires: drupal >=6.0
%endif
%if %{?fedora} >= 15
Requires: drupal6 >= 6.0
%endif
%if %{?rhel}
Requires: drupal6 >= 6.0
%endif

Note the swap in names between the first and second groups, since
drupal->drupal6.  There will be no drupal6 in F<15.

-J

--
in your fear, seek only peace
in your fear, seek only love