Packge review question (#642858)

Sven Lankes sven at lank.es
Fri Oct 29 06:59:07 UTC 2010

On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 01:45:39PM -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:

> Sven helpfully posted his package for review.  In doing the package
> review, though, I have a question about the Requires:
>   Requires: drupal >= 6.0
> Here's how I understand our situation, correct me if wrong:
> * In F-14 and below, the 'drupal' package provides this capability.
> * In devel (F-15 and later), the 'drupal' package provides this now,
>   but in the future 'drupal6' will do so.
> * In EL-5 currently, the 'drupal' package provides drupal = 5.23-1.el5
>   (currently) and the 'drupal6' package provides drupal6 = 6.19-1.el5
>   (currently)
> So for now, should this Requires then be replaced by the following?
> %if 0%{?fedora}
> Requires: drupal >= 6.0
> %endif
> %if 0%{?rhel}
> # Probably safe to assume that drupal6 will always provide drupal6 >= 6.0
> Requires: drupal6
> %endif

While you're thoughts are certainly right, I'd tend to say that they're
not relevant for the review as the review is for the fedora packages and
it needs to be checked to work against what is currently in fedora.

And as fedora currently has the package named 'drupal' things should be
fine in the review context. Changes that come afterwards shouldn't
be a concern in the review.

As for the fedora/rhel-conditional - I'm not sure if it's still
neccessary to keep specs in sync across releases now that we can use
the wonders of git and it's merges but that's up for the packager to
decide and also not relevant in a fedora review request.

sven === jabber/xmpp: sven at lankes.net