Etherpad FAD preparation

Colin Zwiebel colin at zonion.org
Tue Sep 28 04:24:30 UTC 2010

> I can do some of this - I've never hacked Java, Scala, or any of these
> other fancy things you speak of :).

Cool, if you could signup on the wiki for a time that would be awesome. Feel
free to split one of the larger ones. I don't want you to go cross eyed into
IRC.

 My main point in being there is having someone from infrastructure

there, along those lines, have you filled out an RFR for an EP

instance yet?

Oh man, no. Its still really messy. I don't know how many kittens would die
if it touched Fedora Infrastructure. I've only gotten it run as root (ack!)
and it keeps killing my machine. Does rather nasty things with Jetty and
wanting to own your ports. Then Java is like "hey, I think I'll just consume
all your memory. 1.4 Gb sounds good." People die. I haven't figured out
which logs are useful and useless. Haven't done much admin work, need to
figure out which top tools from the multitude out there -- and perhaps, more
importantly, which flags--are for me.

Yeah, we'll have to have a good long talk. It will be great!

Colin