Insight calendar

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 14:05:20 UTC 2011

On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 01:34:51PM +0100, Andrea Veri wrote:

> Il giorno 24/feb/2011, alle ore 12.40, Peter Borsa ha scritto:
>
> > Hi!
> >
> > I have just created a calendar for Insight. http://publictest09.fedoraproject.org/drupal/calendar
> > What do you think? Do we need repeating dates for example?
>

> Peter, you simply rock! that it what I was looking for when I
> proposed the calendar idea two weeks ago.
>
> Meeting dates need to be repeated, yes. *Every week* on the
> date/time we decided to held our meetings, we should make sure
> that a calendar entry is added. (I guess this should apply to all
> the Fedora teams that will want to use our calendar system)
>
> Please /msg or ping me in IRC whenever you want to talk
> about the calendar system and thanks for setting it up on our
> testing istance!

I see my pleas to keep our scope contained while we work toward a
production rollout have gone unheard! :-D Well, if I understand
correctly, we should be able to replicate the database to staging
and/or production without enabling a calendar module on which we're
still working.

Don't get me wrong -- I continue to agree we want to provide a
calendar like this!  I just don't want to keep moving our goalposts as
we go.  For instance, there is now a need for another packaged module
to make Calendar work properly.

The next steps we need to get done:

* Package a snapshot of the theme
* Package the AuthFAS plugin
  * Probably needs to be made into a fedorahosted.org project first
    as a "real" upstream
  * We've been using it enough to be confident it works as intended
* Get both into the infrastructure repo
* Have puppetization finished
* Roll out a staging instance and debug that process