FUDCon website

tuxdna tuxdna at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 12:31:46 UTC 2011

Hello Insight-Fudcon party,

2011/7/14 Paul W. Frields <stickster at gmail.com>:
> We are currently using Drupal 6, and we don't have plans to migrate to
> Drupal 7 at this time.

> I have the feeling there are several people around the Fedora Project
> who are interested in doing things with Drupal and might be able to
> work with us, but don't know where to find us.  We have this page on
> the wiki too:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Insight
>
> Let's get this conversation onto the list so more people know there's
> a bigger team forming around this platform!

Conversation has been started just now :)

On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 7:43 AM, Buddhika Kurera
<bckurera at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> This is a good idea and we can implement, rather having a web page we can
> have a nice web site.
> Even we can create a lil app and collect fud con and fad data and show
> them appropriately, then we can get more focus and attention.
> Please do take this web site up. This is a must we should go for.
> Dear Board please have your attention asap.

Sure, we need it.

>> I have part of the job done with the site design, so I would only need the
>> info and know which CMS do you want to use to set it up (the first idea with
>> EMEA was to use insight, so if you're k with it can be done).

I saw the steps on Insight Customization page [1] and followed them.
I don't have any hosting space right now, so I started with OpenShift
Express [0].

It supports Drupal 7 ( no database other than Sqlite on OpenShift ). However
Insight is running on Drupal 6 ( which doesn't support Sqlite by default ).
So I couldn't continue with OpenShift.

So basically right now I am running a bare-bones instance of Drupal6
with Voting and OpenID  ( screenshots [2] and [3] ), on my laptop.
I don't have any url which I can share right now ( hence the screenshots ).

Since its a bare-bones setup, but good enough as a base to start with,
there is a lot of stuff to work on:
 * Host a development instance to build up stuff.
 * Create a theme for Drupal ( based on Maria's designs )
 * Integrate FAS ( based on [1] )
 * Add content for Talks, Speakers, Scheduling
 * Add FUDCon and FAD related blog posts ( Stories etc. )

I have following queries:
 * How to get hosting space for the same? [ domain, diskspace space, database ]
 * On Insight Customizations page [1], there is a step to configure
Drupal with FAS.
 How does one add groups to FAS so as to map it with Drupal user groups?

All the modules which I have used are uploaded at [4].

Thanks to all!

/tuxdna

[0] https://openshift.redhat.com/
[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Insight_customizations_to_Drupal